Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Grand Champion of X Factor Australia is Filipino-Aussie Cyrus Villanueva

Australian-Filipino, Cyrus Villanueva, has won the 2015 X Factor Australia. Last year’s winner was another singer of Filipino descent, Marlisa Punzalan.

Cyrus Villanueva


Cyrus has been a strong contender since day 1 and has proven to be a versatile artist with his unique voice and inspiring performances.

On Twitter, there was jubilation for Cyrus Villanueva’s triumph. On Facebook, Cyrus posted this message for his X Factor supporters.

“I never thought I would have made it this far - through the ups and the downs - but I couldn’t have done this alone! First, I want to thank God for blessing me with the gift of music, and each and every opportunity he has given me to share it with you all. The contestants alongside me, I wouldn’t have wanted to share this experience with anyone else.

You are all such unique and amazing artists, and have HUGE futures ahead! A massive thankyou to all of our fans, you are all the reason why I love what I do, and make all the hard work I put in worthwhile. To the judges, you all serve as such a great role models to us all, and have helped us grow each week as an artist - especially you Chris!

I couldn’t have asked for a more genuine, honest and respectable mentor than you. To the entire X Factor team, in EVERY department, it has been a privilege to work with you all. You are all such lovely people and have made this experience better than I could have ever imagined. Thank you to Sony Music!

Being able to work with you all, has been a dream come true, for ordinary aspiring musicians like myself. And last but not least, to the most important people in my life - THANKYOU to my family and friends. I am the person I am today, all because of you. I would definitely not be here if it wasn’t for you all, and I cannot thank you enough for shaping me into the person I am today."

No comments:

Post a Comment